Force Gaming Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZvP trouble no early-mid toss push mass stalker and colossi

3 posters

Go down

ZvP trouble no early-mid toss push mass stalker and colossi Empty ZvP trouble no early-mid toss push mass stalker and colossi

Post  Flix Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:42 am

Gold player here having tough time 1v1 versus protoss.

Anyone have good tips on how to put early preassure on toss player that goes mass stalker into collosus? It seems i can never macro up well enough to compete and by the time I decide to push toss has several colossi and just too many stalkers. On short rush maps i just do 5, 6 or 7 roach rush and usually win. It's on the larger maps that i always lose to toss on.

Collosi counter hydra, ling
Stalker counter roach, muta

These are my favorite units, not much practice with Infestor and Brood Lords take too long to get. Banelings are not good against toss units except zealot so not worth it right?

Thanks for the help guys and keep owning.

Flix

Back to top Go down

ZvP trouble no early-mid toss push mass stalker and colossi Empty Corruptors

Post  BaronVonDoom Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:24 am

Roach Hydra Corruptors. Get like 8 Corruptors and those can really take down colossi. However most of the time I just defend until I get brood lords since protoss really don't have a good counter to them except maybe blink stalkers but when I have a bunch of roaches they don't want to blink into that.
BaronVonDoom
BaronVonDoom

Back to top Go down

ZvP trouble no early-mid toss push mass stalker and colossi Empty Re: ZvP trouble no early-mid toss push mass stalker and colossi

Post  Fiction Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:53 pm

Teching to broodlords late game is really powerful, unless toss has a really big number of blink stalkers built up they will not be able to deal with it. If the toss is making voidrays or phoenix you should be able to deal with them by just making more corruptors than they have voidrays, or get hydras if they don't have too many colossi.
Fiction
Fiction

Back to top Go down

ZvP trouble no early-mid toss push mass stalker and colossi Empty Re: ZvP trouble no early-mid toss push mass stalker and colossi

Post  Flix Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:11 am

Thanks for the tips. I didn't realize late game broodlords were that good. I suppose that a mix of hydras, roaches corrupters and a few B-Ls should do nicely. This is exactly where i struggle: Late game, the toss hasn't pushed and has too many stalkers and collosi for me to deal with and he just steam rolls me.

I used to mass Mutas and hydras but that wasn't good enough. I think Micro skills are something i should work on too. Using burrow, having corrupters come from back or flank on collosi while roach hydra handle the stalkers. When no collosi are on the board i've found that speedling hydra works pretty well.

Keep the tips and your experience comming please.

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  Fiction Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:56 pm

Mutas can do well against toss, but you have to be particularly careful in transitioning to them. I cant tell you how many times I've gone for a 6 gate push and attacked a zerg who had less than ten roaches and maybe 7 or 8 mutas popping out. That could be really good if i wasn't already set to do an all out attack, but in a straight up battle mutas are not going to hold their own. Be sure to scout carefully. Try to get lings up the ramp, and if you don't see anything, sacrifice an overlord at about 6 minutes to see if they are going for a 4 gate. If you scout an early expo, you can drone for a while, but you have to be ready for a really big push that may be coming.
Fiction
Fiction

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum