Force Gaming Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protoss Build Orders

3 posters

Go down

Protoss Build Orders Empty Protoss Build Orders

Post  TheGreenRngr Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:37 am

Hey Everybody, welcome to the forums! Just thought I would start us out w/ a solid topic: Protoss build orders. The 2 gate robo is one of my favorites and I believe I've somewhat mastered it through practice in the custom games. I've been told I can get colossi out insanely fast with this build and still get 2 sentrys and 2 lots before it. I'll try to edit this after the next time I use it so that I can tell you where to build the sentrys and zealots as well cuz I didn't write that down :/ But here it is:

9: pylon
12: gate
15: 1st gas
16: pylon
17: Core
18: 2nd gas
21: pylon
22: robo facility
27: 2nd gate
28: robo bay

You will need pylons after that for the colossi but I put those down at different times depending on whether I want the colossi out faster or more gateway units. This build is great against any race and can be adapted to make immortals instead of Colossi to counter an early roach rush, a timing attack from terran, or a stalker 4 gate. I usually expand after I get the first colossus because at that point I have enough income to be constantly producing out of two gates as well as the robo. Btw, I just won the recent tourney using JUST this build order and derivitives of it, so I think it's proven itself Razz Feel free to comment on this build order or post your favorite BROtoss build order.

Finally, next time you see Fiction, thank him for getting this site together and for starting this group, I've got a feeling this is gonna be a great site and we're off to a great start already!
TheGreenRngr
TheGreenRngr

Back to top Go down

Protoss Build Orders Empty Protoss Build orders

Post  Fiction Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:01 am

Thanks Smile

I just stole this off the battle.net forums a few days ago. Apparently Ive been doing the 4 Warpgate wrong this whole time, because this build would put the hurt on my 4 warpgate any time.

9/10 pylon
chrono probes at 11/18
12/18 gate scout (or scout earlier if prefered)
chrono probes at 13/18
NO MORE CHRONO ON NEXUS, IMPORTANT!
14/18 assim (put 3 probes on gas when complete and DO NOT REMOVE)
16/18 pylon
temporarily stop probe production at 16 to get cyber asap
16/18 cyber
resume probe production
get zealot as soon as possible without interrupting probes
cyber should finish same time as zealot comes out
chrono stalker and warp gate tech asap
completely stop probe production at 20 probes (VERY IMPORTANT!)
24/26 get 3 more gateways up asap
24/26 stalker, move out the 1 zealot+1 stalker to protect proxy pylon
26/26 proxy pylon as soon as you have 100 minerals
26/26 another pylon in base
when warp gate tech finishes, the 3 gateways should finish as well, transform the gates and get 4 stalkers at proxy location

attack with 6 stalkers and 1 zealot at around 5:40 game time (use the in-game clock).
warp in 4 zealots asap for reinforcement.

This build is probably one of the most polished I have ever seen, and it is actually possible for anyone to pull it off. You end up with the perfect amount of money to get everything right on time, and if you do it like it says you really can attack at 5:40, which is really fast. This is better in PvP as protoss will often neglect early units until their warptech is done. Against zerg, you might want to warp in the zealots before you start the attack.
Fiction
Fiction

Back to top Go down

Protoss Build Orders Empty Re: Protoss Build Orders

Post  luko Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:25 am

fiction,

post your 6 gate build for me, and add the varitons please, and pros and cons.... thanks... love luko p.s it was meant to be homo
luko
luko

Back to top Go down

Post  Fiction Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:44 pm

Haha you are so funny. Its not a build order, its a general idea. I got it off day9, he doesnt do the build order thing.

Forge as soon as you can get it. I think its about 14, youre double chronoing your nexus.
2nd pylon at natural
cannon if close spawn, not if far
nexus
put up a cannon if you havent already
gate when you have enough money
double gas in main when you put down the gate
core asap
add 5 gates, then 2 gas at natural
start +1 weapons when you put down the production buildings (chrono nonstop)

Attack.

You might want to drop 1 or 2 more cannons at the natural depending on what you scout. If you see hatch going down at the same time as your gateway, that means they will have zergling speed. If the hatch is faster than your gate, they have at least gone without speed for the time being. You Will want at least 3 cannons if there is a roach push coming.
Fiction
Fiction

Back to top Go down

Post  Fiction Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:53 pm

luko post up your 3 gate robo build vs terran for me will ya? love Fiction.
Fiction
Fiction

Back to top Go down

Post  luko Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:45 pm

ok guys, this is my standard build. I do it almost everytime. I think it is strong vs every race. The varition is the unit comp, but with this build you can cause early aggression or protect your self from early aggression. So lets jump right into things.

9 pylon
12 gate
14 gas (3 workers asap, never pull off)
16 pylon (dont' forget this, it can hinder you greatly)
17 core

that is the basic of the build, in fact this is a standard opener. but this is where we change things. Normally people will drop more gates right after the Core goes down. But i found out that from one gateway, you can produce all the troops you need until the warptech is done. The warptech takes 140 seconds to complete. From this one gate you can produce 3 units to hold off any attack until the tech is done. Zeolot, stalker, and sentry. In alot of cases it will be in that order due to the gas at this point in the game. So knowing this you can work on your economy, and scouting. This allows you to produce workers, workin on your economy, and stay on top of supply.

The next step is excute the build, with your scouting information you gather his unit comp, or an expo. Either you can still go with this build, expo or attack. Dropping the 2 additional gateways when the warptech is halfway. Doin this allows you to turn them into warpgates as soon as they complete.

ok so back to the build order

18 gas or soon after you got the 3 gates down or after the core is down, depends on what you scout.

the rest is just how you play the game or scout, to attack or to expo. Droping your robo as soon as the gates have been dropped and you get the minerals required. Knowing the enemy unit comp will allow you to know what to make, collossi or immortals. (marine heavy= collossi, stalker marader heavy= immortal, sentry). This build depends on what you scout, and what you plan to use it for. It can be great at early aggression with the 3 gate troop comp. Or for heavy defense with a sentry heavy army (using ff). If you have any questions just let me know
luko
luko

Back to top Go down

Post  Fiction Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:28 pm

Thanks luko. I'm probably going to start going 3 gate robo more often rather than 2 gate robo vs. terran. In that game i played against bobo last night i was really surprised how much just 2 immortals added to my push.

Which one do you usually go for when you are doing a robo build: gate, robo, then extra gates?
or: gate, extra gates, robo
Fiction
Fiction

Back to top Go down

Post  luko Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:55 pm

Going with my scouting information, if i see heavy maraders, im goin to fall back. Getting sentrys when i can. More than often i will drop the 2 more gates so i can protect myself, So it will look like this, your 2 extra gates will be finishing while you robo is almost done,or more than half way. The gate way units are just buying time for your immortal count to handle the maraders. Just using FF tryin not to lose any sentrys, keep laying pylons down. with 2 immortals, and the sentrys you have left plus other units (zeolot, stalker) you should have an advantage, ff them apart. Keep this in mind, if he is using this early aggression 2 things are happening. He is trying to end the game or set up an expo. So Ob to scout out the expo while you expand.

But back to the question.. when does the second gas come in. If i see no early aggression, or an FE, i drop the 2nd gas after core. I go one gas to get those other gates up asap, and robo. then after the gates are dropped i drop the 2nd gas
luko
luko

Back to top Go down

Post  luko Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:59 pm

new 4 gate variation coming soon, working on build now
luko
luko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content